hello there,

you’ve stumbled upon the diary of an angsty and gloomy 19 year old who’s prone to severe moodswings, bitchfits and life’s sad, pathetic, depressing moments. This is a collection of thoughts from my head, typed fastidiously onto this little blog and posted for anyone who cares to read it. I like to focus on the darker side of things.

Currently a student media and communication at singapore polytechnic. Prone to discomfort in crowded places or any social occasions. Likes hiding under covers on rainy days and the smell of freshly cut grass. Wants to write and travel the world.

Facebook Jasmine Lim // Twitter @burritodiaries // Instagram @peppermintpanic
The simple act
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 @ Tuesday, April 30, 2013
There are reasons why I hate taking the last train home. 

One of the main ones is because I really hate seeing people sleep on the train and miss their stops. 

It's around 12am at night so by logic, they're probably heading home to get a good night's sleep. But somewhere along the way home they drift to sleep. I can see them in my head right now. The panicked look around when they wake up wondering, where am I right now? Then they stand up and immediately get off at the next station. 

It makes my heart ache. 

Especially when it's old people ): 

Since I live at near the end of the line, people usually get off at my stop or at Boon Lay (which is more likely) cause Joo Koon station is a god forsaken place where no one goes to. So this old indian uncle was sitting across me sleeping. I was worrying about where he got off and about him missing his stop and him trying to flag down a taxi this late. I told myself I would wake him up before I got off the train. But he managed to somehow wake up just before my stop and he wandered off the train sleepily. 

I'll always remember this one incident where I was on the last train and I fell asleep. An indian man was kind enough to tap me on the shoulder to wake me up at my stop. I swear, I was so grateful that I thanked him profusely and despite how sleepy I was, I couldn't stop smiling. 

I love nice people. 
0 comments: leave a comment