hello there,

you’ve stumbled upon the diary of an angsty and gloomy 19 year old who’s prone to severe moodswings, bitchfits and life’s sad, pathetic, depressing moments. This is a collection of thoughts from my head, typed fastidiously onto this little blog and posted for anyone who cares to read it. I like to focus on the darker side of things.

Currently a student media and communication at singapore polytechnic. Prone to discomfort in crowded places or any social occasions. Likes hiding under covers on rainy days and the smell of freshly cut grass. Wants to write and travel the world.

Facebook Jasmine Lim // Twitter @burritodiaries // Instagram @peppermintpanic
Drown by the sea
Sunday, December 23, 2012 @ Sunday, December 23, 2012
The time spent on the beach was on of the most blissful days I've had for a while. Even though it was after a really eventful night at the spvt chalet. I got really tipsy and found out that I'm an emotional drunk. Fell asleep at around 3, woke up at 7 to some really bad news, had breakfast and then headed to Tanjong Beach with the boy. Spent 3 hours in the water while it was pouring. Probably the first time I've ever done that. The beach was almost empty and it felt like an escape from the world. I loved it.  




How can I run away from something that's been ingrained in me since my childhood? The only reason why I've been saying the same thing over and over again is because I foresee only misery for you if you carry on. I don't care if I'm miserable. After all, you've pointed out that I've been this way since you first met me.

Sadness is an inescapable part of me. 

You say you're happy now. My problems will slowly ebb away at your love till there's nothing left but hate. You'll forget why you even stayed so long in the first place. And when you do speak of me, you'll only remember how caustic my words were. Your resilience will erode and you and I will die, slowly and painfully. Why should I let it get to that point?

I asked you if you wanted to save me from my misery and you told me yes. I so badly wanted to believe that you could do that but the truth is that you can't do it. No one else can do it for me. The only thing you can do is leave me alone to see if I can do it on my own.

In the end, my insecurities will chase me wherever I go.
What if the best option right now is to be alone?
0 comments: leave a comment