hello there,

you’ve stumbled upon the diary of an angsty and gloomy 19 year old who’s prone to severe moodswings, bitchfits and life’s sad, pathetic, depressing moments. This is a collection of thoughts from my head, typed fastidiously onto this little blog and posted for anyone who cares to read it. I like to focus on the darker side of things.

Currently a student media and communication at singapore polytechnic. Prone to discomfort in crowded places or any social occasions. Likes hiding under covers on rainy days and the smell of freshly cut grass. Wants to write and travel the world.

Facebook Jasmine Lim // Twitter @burritodiaries // Instagram @peppermintpanic
Ouch.
Monday, December 24, 2012 @ Monday, December 24, 2012
According to you, all my pain is self-inflicted. 

It makes me sort of sad when people expect me to be a certain way when they know i'm something else. Their comments hurt a lot more than they should. I suppose that's an indication of how weak I am because if I were stronger they wouldn't matter to me at all right? But everything matters to me.

There's a defiant voice in my head screaming right now.

I'm not weak, it says.
I don't trust myself enough to disagree with it.

Recently, I've been questioning my happiness. I feel blinded when I'm happy, blinded by optimism. When I'm high, it almost feels like nothing can get me down. Every single bad memory's been wiped from my mind. But those highs never last very long.

Vice versa when I'm sad.

I don't know how I can stop the things you saying from hurting me, even if that's not your intention. I'm so tired of feeling like I'm doing something wrong. I'm a fuck up. I can barely keep my goldfish alive for more than a few days, let alone a relationship.
Some people bring out the worst in you, others bring out the best, and then there are those remarkably rare, addictive ones who just bring out the most. Of everything. They make you feel so alive that you’d follow them straight into hell, just to keep getting your fix.
Karen Marie Moning, Shadowfever
0 comments: leave a comment